I am not one to generally compare myself to others as it is deeply engrained in me that we are all on different paths, but as I started writing content for this blog, I quickly realized how comparison started to effect me. I realized that as a women, a mother and now a lifestyle blogger the opportunity for comparison is surrounding me. With all the pressure that comes from life itself it is even harder to escape when you are spending a good amount of time online.
I became so consumed with what others are doing and achieving that I wasn’t seeing my true potentials. If we are not careful we can fall victim to comparison very easily. In our times we are so in touch with what every other person is doing and achieving, it can be hard not to compare. Remember what you are seeing on Facebook and Instagram is someone’s highlight reel!
Instead of focusing on what everyone is doing, use that time and energy to create something amazing for yourself.
Here are a few simple ways to stop comparing yourself to others.
1. Accept Where You Are – Come to Peace with where you are.
2. Love Your Past – It shows you where you want to be.
3. Water Your Own Grass: – Nurture your own shit.
4. Be Grateful For What You Have – They are your blessings.
5. Do A Social Media Detox – You control it, It doesn’t control you.
6. Turn Comparison Into Inspiration – Let it inspire what you can be, have and do.
7. Realize No One Is Perfect – And neither are you.
8. Compare Yourself With Yourself – Compare where you’ve been and where you want to go.
9. Believe In Yourself – Be your own ally.
10. Know It’s Not The End Of Your Story – You control this script.
Focus on you! Focus on creating your path and being the best YOU and then share that with the world. The world needs more YOU!
How do you handle comparison?